Chick-fil-A Spirit Night has been rescheduled for January 25th
1/17/2018 6:59 pm
Due to the snow day, the planned spirit night for January 18th will be rescheduled to January 25th from 5pm - 8pm. Mark your calendars and remember to tell them that you are with HFE as they are giving back 10% of the proceeds!
Tree Planting at HFE!
1/16/2018 3:26 pm
The Eagle Alliance, in partnership with the City of Sandy Springs and Trees Atlanta, has purchased 50+ trees for the HFE campus and we need your help to plant them! Trees Atlanta will be leading the planting effort, but we need help from our HFE family as well. CLICK HERE to sign up to help plant trees on February 10th!
Heards Ferry Night With The Hawks!
1/12/2018 7:11 am
Saturday, January 20th at 5pm - Hawks vs. CHI Bulls
A raffle drawing will be held on Monday for HFE students to participate in Hawks Fan Experiences (Dream Team, High Five Tunnel, Half Time Super FUNnel).
Arrive early to support your Heards Ferry chorus performing during our primetime spot!
Young Authors Writing Competition
1/11/2018 11:07 am
Once again, it’s time for the annual Young Authors Writing Competition sponsored by the Georgia Council of English Teachers (GCTE) and the Georgia Department of Education. The purpose of this competition is to encourage our K-12 students to develop enthusiasm for and expertise in their writing, provide a context to celebrate their writing success, and recognize student achievement in the arts and academics. There are no boundaries to their genre choice or creativity beyond a 1900-word limit. Entries must be submitted to Lori Dunagan by Friday, February 23rd.
Entries may include:
- Short Stories
- Poetry Essays/Literary Criticism/Analysis
- Academic/Research Reports
- Personal Narratives
- Any Other Original Student Writing
HFE International Inquirers
1/11/2018 8:33 am
In January students will inquire about humanitarianism. They will research people or groups of people who have helped to better their country of study in some way (Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Mandela, students or groups that help with hurricane relief, tornado relief, refugee relief, etc.) as they explore their countries of study through HFE International Inquirers!
Speech Bubbles: "What is your name?"
Students are busy learning different words and phrases from many different countries!
Cookies for Character
1/11/2018 8:29 am
The learner profile for the month of January is PRINCIPLED. The attitudes are COMMITMENT and INTEGRITY. Please encourage your children to appreciate their own culture and personal histories, and to be open to the perspectives, values, and traditions of other individuals and communities. Click here for more information.
Raising Organized Kids
1/10/2018 10:15 am
Please join us Wednesday, January 24 at 7:45 a.m. for an educational experience and discussion on, “Raising Organized Kids” presented by well renowned researcher and speaker, Suchetta Kamath. Kamath believes our children are not competing against the smartest children, but against the most organized. She will pass on skills to help our children become more focused and efficient and thus better students. Kamath spoke for us a couple of years ago and everyone loved what she had to say. This is a program you will not want to miss!
Yearbooks On Sale Now!
12/11/2017 12:33 pm
Order your Yearbook Today! There is no guarantee that your child will get a yearbook unless you pre-order theirs TODAY!
School code is #14991
Spirit wear is available in our online store. Order now!
8/6/2017 8:37 pm
Click HERE to make your HFE spirit wear orders online!
*Please note you must be logged in on the EA website to access the store.
The Eagle Alliance needs your support!
7/18/2017 6:53 am
Did you know...
- that the Eagle Alliance funds nearly every single academic program, including the Science Lab, writing and math programs, Spanish materials, field trips, and teacher training?
- that the Eagle Alliance plans and funds nearly every single event throughout the school year, such as STEM Day, International Day, Harvest Festival, Talent Show, Date Nights, etc?
- that the Eagle Alliance supports our teachers by providing a mini-grant program, teacher stipend checks to help them setup their classrooms, and a classroom supply closet?
- that the Eagle Alliance spends more than $200/student to supplement the funds received from your tax dollars to support all the programs that make HFE the school it is?
- that the Eagle Alliance funds after-school activities like Chorus and STEM Club?
- that the Eagle Alliance provides parent enrichment speakers and activities for our families?
- that the Eagle Alliance does no other major fundraising throughout the year, and your membership is our one ask?
- that your Eagle Alliance membership gives you discounted pricing for Eagle Alliance-supported events, like the Harvest Festival, Date Nights, Parent Party, and Talent Show?
- that Eagle Alliance memberships start at $25?
NEW for 2017-18: We are now offering multi-child discounts!
Heards Ferry Elementary School
6151 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339