What is the Eagle Alliance Investment Committee?
The Eagle Alliance Investment Committee (IC) is a parent led team comprised of HFE parents across multiple grade levels. The IC is responsible for overseeing and utilizing all funds remaining after the operational budget has been met. These strategic investments are based on recommendations from the Principal and the School Governance Council. The Investment Committee meets at least four times a year to vet initiatives and determine feasibility, funding, implementation requirements, and ROI.
In the 2017-18 school year, the Eagle Alliance Investment Committee was able to fund many curriculum and facility related requests.
Here’s a few examples of your Eagle Alliance dollars at work during the last 12 months!
Curriculum & classroom-related: The Eagle Alliance Investment Committee’s top priority is to fund any curriculum and teacher support related requests from Principal Nash.
- Lucy Calkins Training: In 2018 the Eagle Alliance sent two HFE staff members to a one-day quick start conference through Teachers College Reading & Writing Project. They were trained in assisting with the implementation of this program at HFE, which is designed to improve our students writing skills and better integrate reading and writing instruction.
- Flexible Seating: Purchased flexible seating options for 35 classrooms. The educational and health benefits of flexible seating options are widely recognized by teachers and researchers and this investment will continue to help drive differentiated instruction strategies at HFE.
- Orton-Gillingham Training: Funding for 15 teachers and staff members to receive training over the summer from the Institute for Multi-Sensory Education in the Orton-Gillingham approach. Although primarily intended for use in mitigating dyslexia, the program provides benefits for any students with difficulty reading, spelling and writing.
- IB Learner Profile Books: In support of Heards Ferry’s adoption of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program, the Investment Committee is purchasing a set of IB learner profile books for each classroom. The sets are designed to help reinforce each of the ten IB learner profiles.
Facility & grounds-related: Prior to our move to the new school building, the Eagle Alliance raised incremental funds for facility and grounds-related enhancements that would benefit the school community. Past investments in this area include the upper grades playground equipment and additional trees. The Investment Committee also completed the research to bring in a company to do ongoing landscape maintenance for our grounds.
- New Trees: Jointly funded by Trees Atlanta, the City of Sandy Springs, and the Eagle Alliance Investment Committee, our campus received 52 new trees planted in Spring 2018.
-Benches and Picnic Tables: Installed during Summer 2018 to provide additional seating for students and teachers on the playground.
Thank you again for your contributions to making Heards Ferry an academically-enriching and supportive environment for our children.
HFE is an International Baccalaureate World School
The mission of an IB school is to develop responsible citizens in a global community by developing inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better, more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. Click here for more information.
Thank you to our 2021/2022 HFE Partners in Education
GOLDEN EAGLE PARTNERS:
SILVER EAGLE PARTNERS: