Parent Party 2018!
2/19/2018 9:56 pm
Please join us for this year's Parent Party on Saturday, March 24th from 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm at PBR Atlanta at The Battery at SunTrust Park! Tickets are now on sale. Ticket prices increase on March 19th, so buy your tickets now! Dinner and drinks will be served, and live music will be provided by Reckless. There will be a silent auction for teacher and staff treasures and a small number of high end items. Look for more details in the coming weeks! We hope to see you there!
*You must be logged in to purchase tickets
Join us for the next Eagle Alliance Meeting
2/19/2018 8:01 am
February 22nd at 7:45am in the HFE Cafeteria. You’ll get updates about Eagle Alliance activities, hear about the NEW Eagle Alliance organizational structure for 2018-19 and how you can get involved. Ms. Severson will be talking to us about the resources the Media Center has for parents and students.
2018-19 Eagle Alliance Slate
2/18/2018 8:22 am
It’s time to start thinking about the 2018-19 Eagle Alliance slate, and we’d love for you to be involved!
For 2018-19, we are making some updates to our EA organizational structure—a few positions are going away, a few new positions are being added, and a few positions will move to a different area in the EA structure. A new EA org chart can be found HERE. Positions in yellow are NEW for 2018-19.
- The Director of Member and Volunteer Relations is replaced by a Director of New Families.
- A new “New Family Communications” position will be added to the Director of New Families to track all new families and consolidate communications.
- A new “New Student Playdate” position will be added to the Director of New Families to help welcome our new students right before school starts.
- A new “Volunteer Coordinator” position will be added to the Director of Operations to manage volunteer opportunities.
- A new “Teacher/Staff Gift Fund” position will be added to the Director of Operations to take the teacher gift collection/management away from the room parents and grade-level chairs.
- A new “Partners in Education” position will be added to the Director of Partner & Community Relations to help launch a new corporate sponsorship program.
- The following positions are being removed: grade-level chairs, scout liaisons, photographer, Date Nights
Many current chairs will be staying in their positions for next year, but there are many positions that will need to be filled! Positions are available for ANYONE who’s interested: some can be done at home in your free time, some can be done with a partner or team, some are ongoing, some are event-based.
If you are interested in an Eagle Alliance position for 2018-19, please complete this FORM by March 9. The slate will be voted on in our last Eagle Alliance meeting, on April 18. Questions? Contact Kyle Pointer, email@example.com
School Governance Council
2/13/2018 8:58 am
We need you! Please click below to declare your intent to run for the 2018-2019, 2019-2020 School Governance Council. Forms are due by February 23rd at 5 p.m. Parent/Guardians- Click HERE for the candidate declaration form.
2018 Talent Show Applications!
2/12/2018 12:10 pm
We are now accepting applications for auditions. The deadline for submission is March 14th at 12pm. Audition times will be posted by Friday, March 16th. Auditions are scheduled for Tuesday, March 20th starting at 2:30pm. Click HERE to complete the application.
Spring Box Top Collection
2/12/2018 12:10 pm
Help Earn Free Money for HFE. The Spring Box Tops Collection is Friday, February 23rd. Every Box Top is worth 10 cents, so get clipping. Include child's name, grade and teacher because the top 3 students and top 2 classrooms to collect Box Tops receive prizes. New! Every student that submits 20 or more will receive a small treat and will be entered in a raffle to win a prize. Box Top clip form available HERE.
Doodle 4 Google Art Contest
2/6/2018 7:10 pm
The 10th annual Doodle 4 Google Art Contest in open for entries! This is a national art competition for K-12 students. Last year, there were roughly 140,000 entries from all over America! The theme this year is “What Inspires You”. Go online HERE for the entry form, contest rules, prizes, and more information. Please make sure to read contest rules and restrictions. Deadline for entries is March 2. Good luck to everyone who enters!
Teacher Appreciation Week!
2/1/2018 11:21 am
Teacher and Staff Appreciation week is March 13-16th...we need your help to make it a success! This year, the theme is "Camp Heards Ferry." An Adventure in Appreciation Awaits! We have tons of special details planned and we can't wait to HIT THE TRAILS! Mostly, though, we are so grateful for this amazing community.
HFE International Inquirers
2/1/2018 9:26 am
In February students will inquire about culture as they explore various artists, musicians, architecture, etc…. as they explore their countries of study through HFE International Inquirers!
Speech Bubbles: "It's nice to meet you."
Students are busy learning different words and phrases from many different countries!
Cookies for Character
2/1/2018 8:29 am
The learner profile for the month of February is CARING. The attitude is EMPATHY. Please encourage your children to show empathy and kindness to their classmates! Click here for more information.
Fulton County Technology Competition!
1/31/2018 9:44 am
The Fulton County Technology Competition took place at Westlake High School on Saturday, January 27th. We had more students place in the top 3 in their category this year than ever before! Every student that participated did an exceptional job!
Here are some of the highlights:
1st Place in Digital Photography for 5th&6th Grade: Langston Baptiste and Isaac Wolf
1st Place in Audio Production for 5th&6th Grade: Simon Tourial
2nd Place in Digital Game Design for 5th&6th Grade: Jacob O'Meara and Matthew Smallwood
3rd Place in Digital Game Design for 3rd&4th Grade: Zoe Nash and Caroline Russo
3rd Place in Internet Applications for 5th&6th Grade: Trey Daniels and Chloe Vahdat
Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration!
1/26/2018 11:02 am
Pre-K Registration will be held in the lobby on Monday, March 19th and Tuesday, March 20th from 8:30am - 3:30pm. The Pre-K lottery will be held on Friday, March 30th at 8am in the Media Center. Parents are welcome to attend!
Spring Registration for Kindergarten and New First Graders will be Wednesday, March 28th from 8am - 4pm and Thursday, March 29th from 8am - 7pm. Parents of currently enrolled Pre-K students do NOT need to attend.
Young Authors Writing Competition
1/11/2018 11:07 am
Once again, it’s time for the annual Young Authors Writing Competition sponsored by the Georgia Council of English Teachers (GCTE) and the Georgia Department of Education. The purpose of this competition is to encourage our K-12 students to develop enthusiasm for and expertise in their writing, provide a context to celebrate their writing success, and recognize student achievement in the arts and academics. There are no boundaries to their genre choice or creativity beyond a 1900-word limit.
Entries must be submitted to Lori Dunagan by Monday, March 5th.
Entries may include: Short Stories, Poetry, Essays/Literary Criticism/Analysis, Journalism, Academic/Research Reports, Personal Narratives, Any Other Original Student Writing
Yearbooks On Sale Now!
12/11/2017 12:33 pm
Order your Yearbook Today! There is no guarantee that your child will get a yearbook unless you pre-order theirs TODAY! The deadline to order a yearbook is March 25th!
School code is #14991
Spirit wear is available in our online store. Order now!
8/6/2017 8:37 pm
Click HERE to make your HFE spirit wear orders online!
*Please note you must be logged in on the EA website to access the store.
The Eagle Alliance needs your support!
7/18/2017 6:53 am
Did you know...
- that the Eagle Alliance funds nearly every single academic program, including the Science Lab, writing and math programs, Spanish materials, field trips, and teacher training?
- that the Eagle Alliance plans and funds nearly every single event throughout the school year, such as STEM Day, International Day, Harvest Festival, Talent Show, Date Nights, etc?
- that the Eagle Alliance supports our teachers by providing a mini-grant program, teacher stipend checks to help them setup their classrooms, and a classroom supply closet?
- that the Eagle Alliance spends more than $200/student to supplement the funds received from your tax dollars to support all the programs that make HFE the school it is?
- that the Eagle Alliance funds after-school activities like Chorus and STEM Club?
- that the Eagle Alliance provides parent enrichment speakers and activities for our families?
- that the Eagle Alliance does no other major fundraising throughout the year, and your membership is our one ask?
- that your Eagle Alliance membership gives you discounted pricing for Eagle Alliance-supported events, like the Harvest Festival, Date Nights, Parent Party, and Talent Show?
- that Eagle Alliance memberships start at $25?
NEW for 2017-18: We are now offering multi-child discounts!
Heards Ferry Elementary School
6151 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339