4th Grade Field Trip to Rock Eagle
March 4th, 2019
Payment and forms due on December 20th
- The 4th grade will travel for a day trip only to the Rock Eagle 4-H Center located north of Eatonton, GA, adjacent to the Oconee National Forest. With nearly 1,500 acres of forested land, including a 110 acre lake, Rock Eagle is a great place to learn about Environmental Education in a unique, real world setting.
“While at Rock Eagle, we believe your students will gain a greater awareness of themselves as well as the natural world around them. This unique experience builds strong bonds between students and their peers as well as between students and their teachers.”
- Buses will leave HFE at 6:45 am and return to HFE by 6 pm. Please make sure your child is at school and loading the bus by 6:30.
- Students will be provided lunch during the course of the field trip. Any dietary concerns should be noted on the permission form and returned to your homeroom teacher.
- Any medical concerns should be noted on the medical release and turned into your homeroom teacher.
- Students are expected to follow the Fulton County Student Code of Conduct during this field trip.
- Please send your student with the following:
- Drawstring (lightweight) backpacks
- Refillable water bottle
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Blue HFE Field Trip T-shirt
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water shoes if available
- Should there be rain in the forecast, please dress your child appropriately. We will be outdoors much of the day.
- NO ELECTRONICS OR TOYS PLEASE
CONTACT Katie Reynolds, Monika Smith, or Amanda Wooden WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
HFE is an International Baccalaureate World School
The mission of an IB school is to develop responsible citizens in a global community by developing inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better, more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. Click here for more information.