4th Grade Field Trip to Rock Eagle
March 8th, 2018
Deadline for forms and payment is January 12th!
- The 4th grade will travel for a day trip only to the Rock Eagle 4-H Center located north of Eatonton, GA, adjacent to the Oconee National Forest. With nearly 1,500 acres of forested land, including a 110 acre lake, Rock Eagle is a great place to learn about Environmental Education in a unique, real world setting.
“While at Rock Eagle, we believe your students will gain a greater awareness of themselves as well as the natural world around them. This unique experience builds strong bonds between students and their peers as well as between students and their teachers.”
- Buses will leave HFE at 6:45 am and return to HFE by 9:30 pm. Please make sure your child is at school and loading the bus by 6:30.
- Students will be provided lunch and dinner during the course of the field trip. Any dietary concerns should be noted on the permission form and returned to your homeroom teacher.
- Any medical concerns should be noted on the medical release and turned into your homeroom teacher.
- Students are expected to follow the Fulton County Student Code of Conduct during this field trip.
- Please send your student with the following:
- Drawstring (lightweight) backpacks
- Refillable water bottle
- Bug spray and sunscreen
- Blue HFE Field Trip T-shirt
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water shoes if available
- Should there be rain in the forecast, please dress your child appropriately. We will be outdoors much of the day.
- NO ELECTRONICS OR TOYS PLEASE
CONTACT Urvi Patel or Allison Dubovsky WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
Heards Ferry Elementary School
6151 Powers Ferry Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30339